[SydPhil] Title and Abstract for Kristie Miller, Dept Seminar Oct 14

Brian Hedden brian.hedden at sydney.edu.au
Mon Oct 12 20:59:22 AEDT 2015

Hi all,

Here's the title and abstract for Kristie Miller's (Sydney) department seminar talk at Sydney Uni this Wed, Oct 7 from 1-2:30pm in the Muniment Room. Hope to see you there!

Do we feel the flow?

Abstract

Temporal dynamists argue that we should believe that there exists temporal passage because there being passage is the best explanation for the presence of our temporal phenomenology. Some non-dynamists have countered that the presence of passage makes no difference to our temporal phenomenology, and consequently that temporal phenomenology cannot be evidence that there is passage. This paper attempts to bolster this non-dynamist response by offering new arguments for the claim that the presence of passage makes no difference to our phenomenology.