[SydPhil] Registrations open: "At Risk in the Climate Crisis" online symposium – Feb. 25

Daniele Fulvi D.Fulvi at westernsydney.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 16:58:27 AEDT 2022

Dear List members,

We are delighted to inform you that the registrations for the "At Risk in the Climate Crisis" symposium are now open. The symposium will be held on Zoom on February 25 2022, from 9am to 4:30 pm AEDT. Attendance is free but registration is required for everyone, including presenters.
Established and emerging scholars interrogate what is at risk and how do we respond to the unfolding climate crisis.  Our keynote speakers are A/Prof. Katerina Teaiwa<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/foEkCwV1vMfGWwrKGtVC3r_?domain=researchprofiles.anu.edu.au> (ANU) and Prof. Juan Salazar<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ckR7CxngwOf13WNk1UvMqSx?domain=westernsydney.edu.au> (WSU). Papers will be presented by David R. Cole, Nanda Jarosz, Tema Milstein, Julie Vulcan, Maud Quinzin, Jessica Weir, Christopher Lean, Rachel Ankeny, and Josh Wodak. The full program is available on the symposium webpage<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/g34iCyojxQTrRBVZrUQbI9L?domain=westernsydney.edu.au> and on the Eventbrite site.

To register, please visit our Eventbrite site<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/7UleCzvkyVCMAjV6MCK7Rqu?domain=eventbrite.com.au>. Zoom link will be provided to registered attendees only. For info contact Daniele Fulvi at D.Fulvi at westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:D.Fulvi at westernsydney.edu.au>.

The symposium is accompanied by the Podcast Series "At Risk in the Climate Crisis", which is recommended listening before the event. The series is available on OMNY<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/qD-BCANpgjCNzDq4NCQkpCx?domain=omny.fm>, Spotify<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/P9jxCBNqjlC7OL2j7f1irjW?domain=open.spotify.com>, Apple Podcasts<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/7ITCCD1vlpT5k8Gq5tROm4N?domain=podcasts.apple.com>, Google Podcasts <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VI15CE8wmrt3NZXL3HxW27y?domain=podcasts.google.com> , Audacy<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/R-NFCGv0oyC1QzXk1Ur7y0I?domain=audacy.com> and all other streaming platforms.

The symposium and podcast series are funded by The Seed Box<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/NXmgCJyBrGfqDjMZqUKQIz9?domain=theseedbox.se> – A Mistra-Formas Environmental Humanities Collaboratory and the ARC Centre of Excellence in Synthetic Biology<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/95WMCK1DvKT2GRpO2tkKh2S?domain=coesb.com.au>, and supported by the Institute for Culture and Society, WSU.

We hope to see you all there.

Kind regards,
Daniele Fulvi
On behalf of Jessica Weir and Josh Wodak, symposium co-conveners

I acknowledge that the land on which I live and work is stolen land. That the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation and the Darug People of the Darug Nation have never ceded their sovereignty on these lands, and that treaties are yet to be negotiated.
I additionally acknowledge the Gadigal People's and the Darug People's living culture, knowledge and struggle in this region.

I pledge my ongoing solidarity with the traditional owners, and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples, in their struggle for recognition of sovereignty, historical truths and justice.