[SydPhil] Race in the Modern World Workshop (October 19th, Macquarie University)

Paul-Mikhail Catapang Podosky pmpodosky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:06:05 AEDT 2023

Hi everyone!

*Race in the Modern World *

October 19th, 10:00am – 2:00pm

25 Wally’s Walk (C122)

Join us for an engaging workshop at Macquarie University that will take a
deep dive into pressing questions about reimagining our social world, with
a special focus on racial relations. This interdisciplinary gathering
brings together learning thinkers to explore fundamental questions: What is
the nature of race? How should race inform medicine? What is the legal
status of authentic Indigeneity? Why is philosophy of mixed-race often
overlooked? Our list of speakers will offer fresh perspectives that
challenge and broaden understanding of these critical issues.

*Featuring: *

Agustin Fuentes (Princeton)

Tailor-Jai McAlister (Macquarie)

Adam Hochman (Macquarie)

Paul-Mikhail Catapang Podosky (Macquarie)

To register for the event, follow this link:

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/DvjUCK1DvKTD7pWMDuMLuTY?domain=eventbrite.com.au
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/c1i_CL7EwMfkB89wkUqAzp-?domain=aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

*If tickets are no longer available and you would like to attend, please
RSVP by sending an email to paul.podosky at mq.edu.au*

This event will take place on the land of the Wallumattagal people of the
Eora nation.

Sovereignty was never ceded. Always was, always will be Aboriginal land.

--
*PAUL-MIKHAIL CATAPANG PODOSKY, PhD*
Lecturer in Philosophy, Macquarie University

*Proud to be Filipinx*
Media: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/DQQSCMwGxOt2Bm3k2uJ7LAF?domain=paulpodosky.com