[SydPhil] The 2nd ACEPS-World MA and PhD Writing Retreat | 20th Oct, 9:00-16:00 (SAST/ CAT/ CET)

Mitova, Veli vmitova at uj.ac.za
Mon Oct 16 23:15:30 AEDT 2023

To: MA and PhD students who want to write but need a community to do so

The African Centre for Epistemology and Philosophy of Science (ACEPS<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/hHXTCROND2uGw4r9Ai9mC9k?domain=uj.ac.za>) at the University of Johannesburg has been running a regular writing retreat for its PhD students all of this year. The retreat has been such an awesome success that we opened it to the world two weeks ago! And it worked!! So we invite Masters and PhD students to join us online again.

When: Friday, 20th October 2023

9:00­—16:00 (SAST/ Central Africa Time/ Central European Time)

12:30­—19:30 (India Standard Time)

2:00­—9:00 (Central Time)

You are welcome to just join us for as many hours as you can. If this experimental session works, we will provide ways of accommodating different time zones.

Where: online:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMsd-ivrjwoE9RqELM8xcanju_2sMSFrlrk

ACEPS PhDs: Ground floor, UJ on Empire, Johannesburg, South Africa.

How it works online:

•         You log in (with or without camera)

•         You jot down your aim for the day in the chat (e.g., ‘3 000 words of Chapter 3 on…’)

•         You write

•         At the end of the session, you jot down in the chat whether you have achieved your aim.

Looking forward to writing together!

Veli Mitova

Professor of Philosophy and Director of ACEPS

University of Johannesburg

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/zsmACVARKgC2VqlrDHzeryT?domain=disclaimer.uj.ac.za