[SydPhil] Invitation: "From Extended Cognition to Extended Consciousness, " 22nd of March at Macquarie City Campus

Elena Walsh elenawalsh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:20:14 AEDT 2024

Invitation:

We are excited to extend a warm invitation to you all to join us for our
upcoming event, "From Extended Cognition to Extended Consciousness," taking
place on the 22nd of March at Macquarie City Campus.

https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/vJtyCr81nytw0qBz2T7p50P?domain=events.humanitix.com

>From Extended Cognition to Extended Consciousness | Humanitix
<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/vJtyCr81nytw0qBz2T7p50P?domain=events.humanitix.com>

Get tickets on Humanitix - From Extended Cognition to Extended
Consciousness hosted by Macquarie University . Macquarie University City
Campus, level 24/123 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia. Friday 22nd March
2024. Find event information.

events.humanitix.com

This event promises to be engaging and thought-provoking, featuring a talk
by Pii Telakivi from Helsinki University and University of Turku. Pii will
be sharing insights from her recent book, "Extending the Extended Mind:
>From Cognition to Consciousness," where she explores the fascinating realms
of extended, embodied cognition and consciousness. Her work delves into the
intersection of cognition and technology, particularly within the domains
of artificial intelligence and robotics.

To enrich the discussion, we are honored to have Markus Pantsar, a
distinguished philosopher specializing in the philosophy of mathematics,
AI, and logic. Currently serving as a Guest Professor at RWTH University in
Aachen, Germany, Markus brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the
conversation, offering unique perspectives on the complexities of AI and
human cognitive development.

This event promises to be an insightful exploration at the crossroads of
cognition, AI, and philosophy of mind.

Event Details: Date: 22nd March 2pm Venue: Macquarie City Campus

For any inquiries or to RSVP, please feel free to reach out to us at
ines.hipolito at mq.edu.au or regina.fabry at mq.edu.au.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Warm regards,

Inês Hipólito & Regina Fabry