[SydPhil] University of Sydney Philosophy Seminar Series, Sam Shpall, (University of Sydney)

Ryan Cox ryan.cox at sydney.edu.au
Mon Mar 25 09:00:00 AEDT 2024

Hi everyone,

This week's speaker in the University of Sydney Philosophy Seminar Series is Sam Shpall, (University of Sydney)

The title of the talk is "Limerence". Here is an abstract for the talk:

I explore the psychologist Dorothy Tennov's (1979) largely neglected account of limerence—or, very roughly, the experience of being in love. I argue that several core features of Tennov's account are distinctive and insightful; that the concept of limerence helps us address deep confusion in our thinking about sex and love; and that reflecting on limerence may give us useful perspective on significant relationship practices like cohabitation, monogamy, and co-parenting.

The seminar will take place at 3:30pm on Wednesday Mar 27 in the Philosophy Seminar Room (N494).

Enquiries about the seminar series can be directed to ryan.cox at sydney.edu.au<mailto:ryan.cox at sydney.edu.au>

Ryan Cox
Associate Lecturer in Philosophy
Discipline of Philosophy